Communication Center Committee
Mission: The Communication Center Committee acts as an advisor to the Director of the Communication Center and offers feedback regarding both policy and practice related to the Communication Center.
Membership: The chair of the Communication Center Committee is the Director of the Communication Center. Members of the committee include the Director and Assistant Director of Writing and Communication, the Assistant Director(s) of the Communication Center, and other members invited by the committee chair.
Chair: Karen Head
Committee Members: Brandy Blake, Rebecca Burnett, Lauren Curtright, Leeann Hunter, Aron Pease, Malavika Shetty, Nirmal Trivedi, Chris Weedman, and Robin Wharton.
- Consult and offer feedback on the design and implementation startup strategies for the development of this new center.
- Contribute suggestions for student-outreach best practices.
- Contribute suggestions for faculty-outreach best practices.
- Advise the center staff on practices that will support the goals and objectives of LCC Writing and Communication courses.
- Identify potential new committee members who can advise the center staff on practices that
will support the goals and objectives in communication across the Georgia Tech curriculum.
- Create possible collaborations with other committees, e.g., DevLab, Assessment, and Grant Writing.
Prior Committee History
2010-11 Co-Coordinators: Leean Hunter and Irene Middleton
Accomplishments: Created a pilot tutoring center Spring 2011, and staffed it 20 hours a week
2009-10 Co-Coordinators: Kathryn Crowther, Irene Middleton, Jennifer Parrott, Robin Wharton
Accomplishments: In both Spring 2010 and Spring 2011, the CommLab coordinators (Brittain Fellows whose course assignment was to provide tutoring and to administer the fledgling program) created a pilot tutoring center and staffed it 20 hours a week. The CommLab started working with