Welcome to TECHStyle – an online forum for digital pedagogy and research by the Brittain Fellows at Georgia Tech.
Who are we?
The Marion L. Brittain Post-Doctoral Fellows teach first-year composition and technical communication at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, Georgia. In the classroom, Brittain Fellows use innovative digital pedagogy to teach multimodal communication skills. In their own research, the “Britts” work in diverse fields, from traditional literary studies to digital game studies to scientific discourse. TECHStyle publishes contributions from all Brittain Fellows, past and present, as well as guest bloggers from all areas of academe.
What is TECHStyle?
TECHStyle is the hub of the Brittain Fellowship. Here you will find posts from Brittain Fellows on topics related to teaching, research, technology, and life in academics. Posts range from scholarly articles in development to brief reflections on new teaching strategies. TECHStyle is also a venue for debate on questions related to pedagogy and scholarship as well as a message board for news, announcements, committee reports, and calls for participation. TECHStyle gives voice to a vibrant community of innovative scholars and teachers and opens up that conversation to the world.
How do I navigate TECHStyle?
On the top menu bar, you will find links to:
- Notes from…: featured initiatives of the Writing and Communication program, including Tech Comm, Comm Lab and DevLab
- The Brittain Fellow Handbook: An online “wiki” version of the handbook that includes information on all aspects of the Brittain Fellowship.
- TECHStyle Contributors: A gallery and brief academic biography of all Brittain Fellows, with links to their archived TECHStyle posts and comments.
- Writing and Communication Home: The home page of the Writing and Communication Program at Georgia Tech.
On the second menu bar, you can navigate to:
- Committees: Announcements and updates from the Brittain Fellowship committees.
- DevLab: Announcements and reflections about the technologically-oriented initiatives of the Brittain Fellowship program
- Tech Comm: Conversations from the weekly seminar on Technical Communication.
- Comm Lab: News from Georgia Tech’s Communication Lab.
- D-Ped: Discussions and debates from our Brittain Fellowship “Digital Pedagogy” seminar.
- Round Table: An open space for Brittain Fellows to ask questions and request feedback or to start discussions on current topics.
- Teachable Moments: Brief posts on inspiring or innovative teaching moments in the writing and Tech Comm classroom.
- Reflections: Short reflective posts on a variety of topics.
- Events and Activities: News and announcements about upcoming events at Georgia Tech and beyond.
Take a look around and feel free to join the conversations – comments and conversation are welcomed!
If you would like to contribute to TECHStyle, please contact Diane Jakacki (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Christine Hoffmann (email@example.com).
NOTE: TECHStyle is best viewed in Firefox and Chrome.