Soundscape collage of Fall 2011 Digital Pedagogy Seminar
A collage of sounds composed to reflect what we learned as Marion L. Brittain Fellows this semester at the Digital Pedagogy Seminar: dped_mix.
Topics and Songs:
- Assessment – REM That’s me in the corner
- Digital divide – Aesop Rock’s 9-5ers Anthem
- Privilege and exclusion – Holidays in the Sun
- Texts that challenge convention – MJ’s Thriller
- Archaeology of digital media – Barcelona’s I have the Password to Your Shell Account
Enjoy the music!
Aaron and Sipai
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (1,019.1KB)
Share articles with your friends or follow us on Twitter!
About Sipai Klein
I teach courses in document design, technical, scientific, professional, and intercultural communication. I completed my PhD at New Mexico State University.
My dissertation examined the multimodal composition process of three experienced teachers who spent a semester designing instructional videos to be delivered online to students. In this study, I investigated the writing decisions these teachers made as they transitioned from delivering course material in print-based format to those that are multimodal.
My current research interests include new media in the workplace, intercultural document design, and rhetorical theory of contemporary communication practices.